This salt dough recipe is SUPER simple to whip up in about 5 minutes.
I've been making salt dough and letting the kids make things with it lately. All you need is some salt, flour, and water. Mold your dough into shapes (Christmas ornaments, hand prints, model cars, dinosaurs...) and let the kids paint them. Hours of kid entertainment.
Easy Salt Dough Recipe
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix salt and flour together.
- Gradually add water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
- Kneed the dough with your hands until the ingredients are combined and the dough is smooth.
- Make various shapes with your salt dough.
- Use a straw to poke a hole through the top of your shapes if you are making ornaments to hang.
- Bake your salt dough ornaments at 200F. How long you bake them will depend on how thick your salt dough ornaments are. 10 minutes may be enough for small, thin shapes. Thicker shapes can take up to a few hours.
- To prevent browning, check on your salt dough creations every now and then. You can also cover them with aluminum foil.
Rebecca is a mother of twin boys and a professional blogger. She loves to bake, knit, and run through the forest.